How can you sort through all of the information on hybrid and electric vehicles to figure out which are the best choices for your fleet? Check out the leading online resource for everything you need to know about Green auto technology at greenercars.org. Here you'll find a website dedicated to providing research based product ratings and comparisons of all "green" vehicles going back 15 years. So, what are the greenest cars on the market today?
- Mercedes-Benz Smart Fortwo Elec. Drive Convertible / Coupe
- Lithium- ion battery
- Single gear transmission that provides instant torque and smooth, swift acceleration
- Chevrolet Spark EV
- Electric motor and 1-speed direct-drive transmission
- Handling is balanced with sharper steering.
- Clever packaging of the lithium-ion battery pack
- Fiat 500E
- EPA-rated 87-mile range
- Permanent-magnet motor translates its 111 horsepower and 147 lb-ft of torque into silent thrust
- Toyota Prius C
- EPA-estimated 46 mpg highway and 53 mpg in the city
- Smart Key fob
- Nissan Leaf
- Greater battery capacity with 107 miles of range
- The ability to remotely pre-condition your vehicle while it's plugged in
- More on the Leaf can be found here.
Your Friends at Fleet Services wish you many miles of greener driving!